Frequently Asked Questions

I am an instructor of a research methods course and have multiple student projects per semester. Can I review the projects myself in place of the HSR board?

In these circumstances faculty may submit a request for Delegated Review status. This request should follow the structure of the standard proposal explaining the general types of student research projects that they will review. A separate proposal should be submitted for each type of overarching method that student researchers might utilize (questionnaires, face-to-face interviews, focus groups, etc.) and include descriptions of the ways that student researchers will be trained to address concerns related to human subjects (informed consent, risk, etc.). If the delegated review is a yearly project and there are no changes to the protocol, a letter can be submitted to the Board that requests renewal and states that there are no revisions to previously described protocols.