Transfer Credit Petition

for Current Students


Current Students who wish to take courses elsewhere should get a Petition for Transfer Credit form from the Registrar's Office. This form is not found online. The Office of the Registrar will verify that the institution in question is, in fact, accredited.  The coursework must then be approved by the student's adviser, the chair of the relevant department, and the dean of the student's school.  These approvals should be obtained before the student takes the course. For more information, refer to the section titled Occasional Study at another Institution in the course catalog (scroll down to find this section). For information specific to Academic Writing please visit their website at /hs/depts/writing/1styrcomp/transfer_credits/.

Additionally, if the coursework falls within a student's last 30 credit hours of study at Ithaca College, the student will also need to fill out the senior credit requirement waiver.   This is an optional section located on the Petition for Transfer Credit form.  This needs the approval of the chair of the student's program and the dean of the student's school.  The section Senior Credit Requirement in the course catalog gives further details (scroll down to find this section).