Apostille Documents

Instructions to Request an Apostille Diploma and/or Transcript

  • Email mydegree@ithaca.edu - include your Name and Student ID, current address and indicate the documents for which you need an Apostille - a diploma, a transcript or both.
  • If you are requesting an Apostille diploma, you have two options:
  • Mail us your diploma, we will have it notarized and mail it back to you. There will be no charge for this. Please include a statement indicating that you need this document notarized as an apostille.
  • Order a replacement diploma, we will have it notarized and mail it to you. There will be a $25 charge for this.
    Fill out our online form, making sure to select Apostille as your order option.
  • If you are requesting an Apostille transcript, please order an official paper transcript through HomerConnect. If you no longer know your HomerConnect login credentials, please use this form to have the information emailed to you. If you finished at IC before 1994, please use our paper form to order your transcript and either mail, fax or email the form back to us. Currently, there is no fee to request a transcript.
  • Once you have your notarized documents back from us, you will need to send them to the Tompkins County Clerk, 320 N Tioga St., Ithaca, NY 14850 with a check payable to Tompkins County Clerk in the amount of $3.00 for each document. You can contact them at 607-274-5431 for additional information.
  • Once the documents have been returned to you from the Tompkins County Clerk's office you will need to send them to New York State. Complete the Apostille/Certificate of Authentication Request Form required for New York State found on the NYS website.The mailing address will be on this form. NY State will charge $10.00 for each diploma and/or transcript.


Please note that your financial standing with the college will be verified prior to processing your request. If there is any hold or outstanding balance, your request will not be processed until you have rectified the situation with the Office of Student Financial Services.

Questions? Please email mydegree@ithaca.edu