- Sign the IC Community Agreement
- Get a flu shot
- Quarantine for 14 days prior to coming to Ithaca
- Get tested for COVID-19, if possible, prior to coming to Ithaca
- Stay home if you test positive or are sick
ALL ON CAMPUS STUDENTS (quarantinging on own)
- Arrive at the Athletics & Events (A&E) Center.
- Receive your check-in materials (room key, welcome packet) and salvia self-collection kit.
- Travel to your residence hall/apartment and move into your room.
- For roommates: the second person to arrive to campus will travel to the designated residence hall/apartment storage area and then go to a hotel for the quarantine period.
- Collect your own salvia sample for your arrival test, using the kit you received at move in.
- A staff member will collect your sample in the early evening of your arrival day.
- Quarantine in your room/apartment until you receive test results.
- You may access bathrooms only. No guests are allowed.
- IC will provide food for you during the quarantine period.
Students from non-contiguous states or CDC designated Level 2 or HIGHER countries arranging their own quarantine do not need to send items to the Health Center. However, you still need to comply with all New York State travel advisory testing requirements and complete the New York State Traveler's Health Form.
ON CAMPUS QUARANTINE STUDENTS ONLY
- Get a test in your home state up to 72 hours prior to traveling to New York State.
- Send the confirmation of your test/scheduled appointment to email@example.com.
- When you arrive to campus, go to Emerson Hall for your saliva test.
- Bring items you need for the quarantine period to your room.
- IC will provide food during your quarantine.
- Leave all remaining items in your car or bring them into the Emerson Lounge (they will be delivered to your spring residence hall storage area).
- Test again after 3 full days (for most students, this is late Sunday afternoon).
- Receive results and depart from Emerson on Monday (bus transportation available).
- Retrieve items from your residence hall storage room.