FIRST Place Residential Learning Community (RLC) is open to any student who identifies as first-generation (students - and their siblings - who are the first in their family to attend college) regardless of class year. It will enable students to connect over shared experiences and provide an opportunity for support and growth by both their peers, staff, faculty and the IC community.
FIRST Place Residential Learning Community
The FIRST Place RLC goals:
- Develop a Personal Success Plan with goals centered on involvement, academics, wellness, and relationships.
- Build a Foundational Support Network with peers and peer leaders.
- Form Meaningful Connections with faculty and staff mentors.
- Explore Campus, emphasizing classrooms & resources, to build self-confidence navigating a new home.
- Strengthen Academic Skills that will help in transition and throughout first semester.
- Reflect on Intersectional Identities that impact the college experience.
Location: East Tower, 5th floor
Population: All students who identify as first generation students
Room Styles: Doubles & Singles on a gender neutral floor
If you have questions about the FIRST Place RLC, please contact:
- Tanner Jones, FIRST Place Residence Director
- RLC Associates:
- Eileen Harrington Roth, Assistant Director for Residential Education
- Beth O'Neill, Assistant Director for Staff & Programs
You can apply for the FIRST Place Residential Learning Community within the Housing Portal through HomerConnect.