The Honors Housing Program, also known as The Honors Residential Learning Community (RLC), established in 1999, provides a unique space for students who wish to live in a program specific residence hall and offers participants numerous opportunities for enjoyment and enrichment. Stated goals of the Honors RLC are to:
- develop a strong sense of academic community among the students participating in the Honors Housing Program.
- offer programs that integrate topics from students' coursework.
- provide additional out-of-class opportunities for the students to interact with the Honors Faculty members.
- provide a community living experience that is supportive of students' academic success and interests.
- promote honors students' academic leadership.
As First-year students on the Honors floor, you live with others who are facing the same transitions. You also have the advantage of meeting and interacting with veteran Honors students who are familiar with the College and will welcome you into the larger Honors community.
Location of RLC: Lyon Hall
Population: all Honors students
Number of Residents: 118
Room Styles: Doubles & Singles
If you have questions about the Honors Community, please contact:
- Terell Bennett, Lower Quads Residence Director
- Samantha Stafford, Assistant Director of Residential Education & Assessment
- Beth O'Neill, Assistant Director for Staff & Programs
More information about the Honors Program: https://www.ithaca.edu/honors/features/