The Honors Residential Learning Community (RLC), established in 1999, provides a unique space for students who wish to live in a program specific residence hall and offers participants numerous opportunities for enjoyment and enrichment. For 2021-22, the Honors Community will welcome the addition of the new Innovation Scholars Program in Humanities & Sciences.
Goals of the Honors RLC are to:
- develop a strong sense of academic community among the students participating in the Honors and Innovation Scholars Program.
- offer programs that integrate topics from students' coursework.
- provide additional out-of-class opportunities for the students to interact with the Honors & Innovation Scholars Faculty members.
- provide a community living experience that is supportive of students' academic success and interests.
- promote students' academic leadership.
As First-Year students in Honors, you live with others who are facing the same transitions. You also have the advantage of meeting and interacting with veteran Honors students who are familiar with the College and will welcome you into the larger Honors community.
Location of RLC: Lyon Hall
Population: Honors and Innovation Scholars Program Students
Number of Residents: 118
Room Styles: Doubles & Singles
If you have questions about the Honors and Innovation Scholars Community, please contact:
- Terell Bennett, Lower Quads Residence Director
- Ron Trunzo, Associate Director of Residential Life
- Beth O'Neill, Assistant Director for Staff & Programs
More information about the Honors Program: https://www.ithaca.edu/honors/features/