Frequently Asked Questions

I locked myself out. What should I do?

If a student is locked out of his or her room, he or she will need to produce an Ithaca College Student ID Card in order to obtain a lockout key. In the event the student cannot produce his or her ID Card:

  • He or she will be asked to provide their Student ID number. If they cannot, they will be asked to wait for a roommate to return in order to gain access to the room.
  • In the event the student lives in a single room (or in a single bedroom in the Circle Apartments), or if the student cannot wait for a roommate, the student will be escorted to the room and required to produce their Student ID Card. If they still cannot, the R.D. on duty will be contacted to determine what action will be taken.
  • If we cannot verify that the student is a legitimate resident of the room, a lock-out key will not be issued nor will access to the room be provided. This precaution helps to ensure the safety and security of every student's room and possessions.

If you are locked out after 9:00 p.m. on any weekday, go to your RA's door; look up the RA on duty; contact that RA.

If you are locked out before 6:00 p.m. on Saturday or Sunday, find an R.A., call the R.D. on duty, or call Public Safety at (607) 274-3333 for assistance.

At all other times, go to your Area office (if a Residential Life staff member is not available in the Area office, you should attempt to find an RA for access to your room, apartment, or suite).