Summer Housing Options
During the summer break period, many of our residence halls and on-campus apartments house summer conference guests and groups as well as Ithaca College Summer Session students and student employees. Conference and Event Services manages on-campus housing eligibility and registration for all groups, as well as pricing and meal plans.
Information for Conference Guests
- All arrangements for conference or camp groups should be made through an event planner with Conference and Event Services.
- For information on what a specific building is like, please see the Residence Hall Amenities and Services webpage and click the specific building's name on the left-hand bar.
- Amenities provided in each residence hall room or apartment are specific to each conference or group, and is agreed upon between the event planner and the conference group leadership. Standard college linens are provided (a pillow, sheet set, pillowcase, blanket, and towel set). Please plan to bring items such as hair dryers, clothes hangers, television sets, coffee makers, pots and pans, cooking utensils, etc. if needed, as they are not provided.
- For information on the TCAT bus system, please see www.tcatbus.com.
- For specific questions regarding fitness center passes, outdoor pool availability, and more please contact Conference and Event Services.
- All guests are expected to adhere to the residence hall rules & regulations and health and safety policies.
Information for Ithaca College Summer Session Student and Student Employees
- During the summer term, on-campus housing is available for IC
summer students and student employees who are registered for
housing through Conference and Event
Services. Housing options are limited to 2-4 buildings. The
buildings change each year due to facilities renovations and summer
- Meal plan information is available on the Conference and Event Services.
- Summer Housing is available from 9:00 a.m. Sunday, May 19, 2019 through noon on Monday, August 12, 2019.
- Housing assignments are done manually through the summer housing office, using information the student provided on their registration form such as requested room type and roommate. Residential Life does not run a formal housing selection process for the summer term. Students with a special accommodation will follow the same process as during the academic year; please see our Special Accommodations webpage for more info.
- Students will check in and out of their summer housing assignment at the Summer Housing Office, located on the 2nd floor of Emerson Hall. Students will be able to check in and check out based on their registration dates. Students will be billed for any additional dates they live in their summer assignment. Failure to check out of their summer assignment on the required date may result in a $100 unauthorized presence fee.
- Information regarding summer health & safety checks,
scheduled power outages, and fire drills will be emailed to all
summer students at their official IC email address and posted on
signs in the summer housing buildings. All rules and regulations
for the academic year are still in effect during the summer term.
- Facilities schedules two all-day power shut-downs during the summer; one in June and one in August. Dates are available on Intercom.
- Similar to the academic year, there are both Resident
Assistants (RA) and Residence Directors (RD) on duty. Contact
information is posted in each building. In case of an emergency,
please contact the Office of Public Safety.
- In the case of lockouts, between 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. contact the Summer Housing Office. Outside of those hours, contact the RA on duty.
- Please note students must be eligible and registered for summer housing to live in on-campus housing between May 19, 2019 to August 12, 2019. Students who are just requesting to stay later in their Spring semester assignment or arrive earlier to their Fall semester assignment should visit our late departure and early arrival webpages. Please note that there are no on-campus storage options to leave personal belongings over the summer.
Summer Housing Office Information
The Summer Housing Office is located on the 2nd floor of Emerson Hall on the Ithaca College campus.
The Summer Housing Office opens for the summer term on Friday, May 17, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. and closes for the academic year on Monday, August 12, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
The Summer Housing Office is open 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m., seven days a week.
Please reach us by phone at 1-607-274-1637 or email at email@example.com.
Items can be mailed to the Summer Housing Office:
c/o Summer Housing Office
953 Danby Road, Ithaca, NY 14850
Please note that if you are mailing keys and/or fobs they must be mailed in a secure, padded envelope and must be received by the Summer Housing Office within seven days of your check-out date. If they are not received within this time frame, the individual or conference group will be billed for the cost of a lock change and replacement keys and/or fobs.
For information on student employment opportunities within the Summer Housing Office, please see our Summer Positions webpage.