Students participating in the Organic Gardening & Cooking Community will learn to understand and appreciate …
- the necessity of lifelong sustainable living.
- what is required to pursue sustainable lifestyles.
- how to become advocates of sustainable living.
- how to educate the campus community about sustainable living through outreach programs.
- how to reduce the ecological footprint of our community members.
- the full environmental and social costs of our purchases and how that relates to issues of sustainability (consumer awareness).
- the importance of communication and collaboration to sustainability through communal dinners, collaborative events, and volunteering within the larger community (connections to community).