All unvaccinated individuals must have an "undetected" PCR diagnostic test for the SARS-CoV-2 virus within 72 hours prior to traveling to Ithaca.
Prior to Traveling to Ithaca
Testing While at Ithaca College
Summer programming participants will be required to test on a schedule related to your specific program. This information will be shared with you as part of the registration process for the program/activity, which may not be available until closer to the start of your summer program. At this time, the cost per test is $45.
Students participating in the following programming/activities are exempt from the testing fee:
- Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy students enrolled in summer academic courses required for the professional phase of their degree
- Matriculated graduate students enrolled in summer academic courses required for their degree
- Humanities and Sciences Summer Scholars
- Dana Fellows
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Research Experiences for Undergraduate (REU) students
- HEOP Summer Institute students
- Student employees who are required to be on campus for their jobs
Ithaca College's Testing Process
Ithaca College, in partnership with Cayuga Health System, uses a saliva self-collection process for surveillance testing. More information on our testing process and the saliva self-collection process is available here. Please note that new testing options are becoming available so our testing process may change prior to our summer activities beginning. We will keep families and students updated on any changes.
Testing if Vaccinated
We are in the process of determining testing requirements for individuals that are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. We will clarify with summer programming participants the expectations for their activity prior to start. (As of March 25, 2021)