I can't believe how the semester flew by! Tomorrow, I'll be saying goodbye to my coworkers at GOOD, and in about a week, I'll be heading back to the east coast.
During my last week at my internship, I had the chance to sit down and talk to some of my co-workers and talk about how they got to their current position and the advice they would give to current students. Here are some wise words of wisdom for future interns:
- Don't ever hesitate. Always offer to help and lend your skills to contribute to whatever needs to be done. Learning comes from doing and you should take advantage of all of the opportunities that you can.
- Know the space of the field you're interested in. Keep up with news in the field. Talk to people who are experienced in the field. If you keep up with what's going on in the field, then you'll be one step ahead of the game.
- Keep in touch with the connections you make. The people you meet at your internship can be extremely helpful in the future, but only if you stay in contact with them. Make sure you send an e-mail every once in a while to keep the connection strong.
- Don't be afraid to speak up. If you think you have valuable contributions and ideas, then say something!
- A good attitude never goes unnoticed. If you
come into work everyday with a positive attitude and you're willing
to work hard, your co-workers will notice and appreciate