Residence Life / Student Events
Los Angeles offers a rich variety of events and experiences for ICLA students. The Programs & Services Coordinator works with a team of Resident Assistants to plan outings in Los Angeles that give our students ample opportunities to experience LA's cultural, media and natural attractions throughout the semester.
Some programs and events that students have enjoyed are:
- Universal Studios backlot tour and theme park
- Hiking to the Hollywood sign
- Television tapings, including talk shows, sitcoms and The Price Is Right
- Professional LA sports teams, including the Dodgers, Kings, Lakers, Clippers and Galaxy
- Beach bonfires
- Camping trips
- Volleyball tournament
- Los Angeles AIDS Walk
- Open mic concerts
- Outdoor movie screenings
- Photo scavenger hunts
Resident Assistants in Los Angeles
Each semester, Resident Assistants work with the LA Programs and Services Coordinator in a capacity similar to RAs working on the home campus, with an emphasis on programming. The RAs must possess excellent communication and organizational skills and be able to work independently.
The Resident Assistant responsibilities include:
- Serve as a role model for staff and students both personally and professionally.
- Plan and coordinate on-campus and off-campus activities.
- Act as a liaison between the LA Program office and Oakwood Apartment personnel and security offices, particularly in the event of emergency situations.
- Act as an information source for students regarding the Oakwood facility, the surrounding area, and the LA Program.
- Enforce Ithaca College Residential Life rules and regulations, the Ithaca College Student Conduct Code, and the Oakwood House Rules.
- Attend Los Angeles RA Orientation and Training (see below for dates) and weekly staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applications and resumes for summer 2015 and fall 2015 is Wednesday, March 25.
NOTE: Spring 2016 RA Applications will be available online in September 2015. Please check back then for the Spring RA application.
Resident Assistants receive free room at the Oakwood Apartments. RAs are typically assigned to a shared apartment with two other program participants.
TO APPLY: Complete the online RA application form by Wednesday, March 25. After submitting your application, email your resumé to Jon Bassinger-Flores at email@example.com. Title your email "ICLA RA Application."
Interviews will be conducted via Skype or by phone from Monday April 6 - Thursday, April 9. RA hiring decisions will be emailed on Friday, April 10.
TRAINING: Mandatory RA training for summer 2015 will be Monday, May 18. Mandatory RA training for fall 2015 will be Sunday - Monday, August 16-17.