Residence Life / Student Events
Los Angeles offers a rich variety of events and experiences for ICLA students. The Programs & Services Coordinator works with a team of Resident Assistants to plan outings in Los Angeles that give our students ample opportunities to experience LA's cultural, media and natural attractions throughout the semester.
Programs and events that students have enjoyed are:
- Universal Studios backlot tour and theme park
- Hiking to the Hollywood sign
- Television tapings, including talk shows, sitcoms and The Price Is Right
- Professional LA's sports teams, including the Dodgers, Kings, Lakers, Clippers and Galaxy
- Beach bonfires
- Camping trips
- Volleyball tournament
- Los Angeles AIDS Walk
- Open mic concerts
Resident Assistants in Los Angeles
Each semester, Resident Assistants work with the LA Programs and Services Coordinator in a capacity similar to RAs working on the home campus, with an emphasis on programming. The RAs must possess excellent communication and organizational skills and be able to work independently.
The Resident Assistant responsibilities include:
- Serve as a role model for staff and students both personally and professionally.
- Plan and coordinate on-campus and off-campus activities.
- Act as a liaison between the LA Program office and Oakwood Apartment personnel and security offices, particularly in the event of emergency situations.
- Act as an information source for students regarding the Oakwood facility, the surrounding area, and the LA Program.
- Enforce Ithaca College Residential Life rules and regulations, the Ithaca College Student Conduct Code, and the Oakwood House Rules.
- Attend Los Angeles RA Orientation and Training (see below for dates) and weekly staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applications and resumes for spring 2014 is due by Tuesday, October 1, 2013.
Resident Assistants receive free room at the Oakwood Apartments. RAs are typically assigned to a shared apartment with two other program participants.
TO APPLY: Complete the online RA application form by Tuesday, October 1, 2013. After submitting your application, email your resumé to Jon Bassinger-Flores at firstname.lastname@example.org. Title your email "ICLA RA Application."
Interviews will be conducted via Skype or by phone from October 7-10. RA hiring decisions will be emailed on Friday, October 11.
NOTE: Mandatory RA training for spring 2014 will be Sunday & Monday, January 5-6.