What if I am not an approved Ithaca College driver by the time I need to travel on College business? What are my options for a vehicle?

An employee may drive their personal vehicle and receive mileage reimbursement; however, reimbursement is only for a specific number of miles. The maximum mileage reimbursement is included in the Ithaca College Travel Policy at:

An employee may also rent a vehicle from Enterprise, but their personal credit card MUST be used, as it is against College policy to use a College travel credit card for a vehicle rental when not an approved College driver. It is also important to keep in mind that an employee will receive reimbursement from their respective department for the vehicle rental fee only, as the employee will be personally responsible for any taxes associated with the rental. The decision will also need to be made on whether or not to purchase the collision damage waiver offered by Enterprise, which would cover damage to the rental vehicle. It is recommended to consult with your personal auto insurance agent to determine that your auto policy would cover general liability and property damage while operating a rental vehicle.