How do I protect College-owned property
during ground and air travel?
- Make a list of all equipment and document each item's
replacement value and all serial numbers.
- Note all locations that the College's property will be
- Never leave the vehicle unattended with equipment inside.
- Lock the vehicle at all times.
- Do not leave the equipment in the vehicle overnight.
- Do not leave items in full view, which can be a target for
- Use appropriately-constructed packaging materials, if
- Provide a comprehensive inventory list to your department prior
to departure and carry the list with you during travel.
- Contact the police immediately to report a theft or loss.
- Contact Risk Management immediately if a theft or damage occurs
and make a report with Public Safety.