2013 Family Weekend Highlights
Saturday, October 26, 2013
President Rochon addressed students and family members this morning during his session entitled "How to make the Most of the New IC Experience." He highlighted how students can make every moment count by engaging in Ithaca College's integrated academic lifestyle. The Integrative Core Curriculum along with the First-Year Residential Experience creates a 24/7 learning environment where students can learn from their peers, find their support networks, and become lifelong learners. President Rochon shared with the audience his top 8 tips students can take to make every moment count:
- Ask not if but when your student last talked to a professor outside of class.
- Take advantage of firsthand experience with first-rate experts.
- Learn from co-curricular activities.
- Not for credit not required (take advantage of guest speakers on campus). Merely powerful.
- Ithaca is not the center of the universe! (IC Centers in LA, London, NYC, coming soon China)
- Take full advantage of the Academic Advising Center.
- Career Services helps students get READY!
- Students and parents: Sign up for the IC Mentoring Network
Do not go where the path may lead - go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Next » « Previous