Early Arrival Guidelines for Fall 2014
Many departments are currently making arrangements for staffing for Fall opening. Some offices will need to bring their student workers back early to support opening operations. Please review these guidelines as you begin to plan for Fall 2014.
A staff or faculty member will need to submit an Early Arrival Request form for any student your department will require to arrive on campus prior to the regular check-in date of August 24, 2014. Offices and supervisors are asked to request their students return to campus no earlier than necessary and as close to the official opening date as possible.
We encourage you to provide meal arrangements for any employees you are bringing back early. If your department wishes to make meal plan arrangements, please contact the Office of Campus Center and Event Services. Otherwise, please notify your students that they can purchase an individual meal plan through Office of Campus Center and Event Services. Students who do not have special arrangements cannot eat in the dining hall until Sunday, August 24th.
To request your student(s) to arrive early, please submit an Early Arrival Request form at this web address:
Please include the E-mail addresses of only those students whose early arrival is either necessary for the operation of your department or whose participation is required. You do not need to determine if your student(s) live on or off campus and should submit a request for all.
Requests to arrive early for:
- Student Employment must be submitted by the student's supervisor.
- Academic Requirements must be submitted by the Dean's office or a faculty member.
- Sponsored Participation (e.g., student organizations, Jump Start) must be submitted by the staff coordinator.
- Athletic Practice/Participation must be submitted by the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- ROTC must be submitted by the student's commanding officer or the Ithaca College coordinator.
- Personal Needs may be submitted by the individual student (please note that needs relating to off-campus employment, and off-campus leases or sublets are not eligible for approval). Individual requests to arrive prior to Friday, August 22, 2014 require a detailed explanation of the need in order to be considered for approval.
Early Arrival requests must be submitted to the Office of Residential Life by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, August 13, 2014 (late requests may not be considered). Only where a clear requirement exists for a student to be on campus early will approval be extended.
Please note that students living in the Circle Apartments may move into their space beginning on Sunday, August 17, 2014 without prior approval. Please understand that they cannot move in prior to this date for any reason.
Student employees living in Summer Housing will need to vacate their summer rooms by 12:00 p.m. (noon) on Friday, August 15, 2014. These student employees will be approved to move into their Fall housing assignments between 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 13th and 12:00 p.m. (noon) on Friday, August 15th (the Summer Housing office will submit an Early Arrival Request for these students).
Students may not move in to their Fall campus residences prior to the date they are approved to arrive. Early Arrival check-in locations will open at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 17, 2014. Early-arrival students may check in at the appropriate office from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. each day. The offices are as follows:
- Terraces 01-12: Terrace 07 Area office (room 0100)
- East and West Tower: Terrace 07 Area office (room 0100)
- Upper and Lower Quads: Quads Area office (Eastman 0102)
- Emerson Hall: Summer Housing office (Emerson lobby)
- Garden Apartments: Summer Housing office (Emerson lobby)
For additional information or if you have any questions, please contact the Office of Residential Life in the East Tower at (607) 274-3141 or E-mail us at email@example.com.
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact the Office of Residential Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or (607) 274-3141. We ask that requests for accommodations be made as soon as possible.
Originally published in Intercom: Early Arrival Guidelines for Fall 2014.