Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm
We provide comprehensive laboratory services on site during regular health center hours.
- Routine hematology, chemistry, urinalysis, immunology, and bacteriology testing are done on site, while other testing is sent to our reference laboratory.
- Our laboratory is fully licensed by the New York State Department of Health .
- It is staffed by licensed clinical laboratory technologists and operates under the supervision of a board certified pathologist.
Laboratory results are available Monday - Friday, 8:30am-4:00pm by calling the Lab Results Nurse at (607) 274-3737.
Frequently asked questions about Lab Testing:
- Will my insurance cover these tests? If tests are being performed in the Hammond Health Center laboratory there will be no charge for these tests, unless they are ordered by an outside or home physician. If we are sending your lab tests to an outside lab, there will be charges which may be covered by insurance. You should check with your individual insurance company regarding coverage-usually the phone number is on the back of your card. Your parents may have already checked on this before you came to college, you may also want to consult with them. Ithaca College student group insurance covers 80% of in network charges and 60% of out of network charges for laboratory testing, once you have met your deductible of $150.
- Can you bill my parent's health insurance? Hammond Health Center does not bill to insurance directly, and again, if tests are being performed in our laboratory there will be no charge for these tests, unless ordered by an outside or home physician. If you incur any charges from our laboratory, we will provide an itemized bill with diagnoses and CPT codes that insurance companies require for your submission. If we are sending your lab tests to an outside lab, the outside laboratory will bill your health insurance, as long as we can provide them with all of your current insurance information. This is why it is important that you bring your insurance card with you when you visit the Hammond Health Center.
- Will somebody contact me with my lab results? We will provide you with the phone number to reach the lab result nurse. She will give you the test information as well as additional information or instructions from the provider after he/she reviews your results. Individual providers may make alternative arrangements on a case by case basis to contact you directly with results.
- Will my results get faxed to my (home) doctor? Yes, if you have signed a release of information form to allow us to send the results.
- If my doctor at home sends in orders, can I have my blood drawn here? Yes, in most cases we will draw your blood and then send it out to our reference laboratory for analysis.
- How long will it take to get my results? This is variable depending on the test, but the average turn around time for most tests is 48 hours. We will provide this information at the time of collection for any given test.