Welcome To The Hammond Health Center.
- We are located at the center of the campus adjacent to the Campus Center.
- We are a primary health care center for the students of Ithaca College.
- We provide care by appointment only for most student illnesses and injuries and preventative care.
- We work closely with Cayuga Medical Center and with local and regional specialists in virtually every discipline to provide referrals whenever off-campus care is necessary.
The Hammond Health Center has been accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care.
The clinic is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Physician appointments are available between 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. daily. There is no laboratory or x-ray services available on-site during the summer. Medication pick up is available from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Regular academic year hours
Same Day Appointments:
In an effort to reduce student wait times and improve scheduling for all patients needing same day care, visits to Hammond Health Center are now by appointment only.
Same day appointments are for students who are acutely ill.
Please call ahead to schedule appointments at 607-274-3177.
(Phones are answered starting at 8:00am)
Preventive care, routine care, well care, prescription refills and medication re-checks will be done by Regularly Scheduled Provider appointments when appointments are available. Preventive and well care visits such as physical exams, travel clinic visits, allergy injections, and immunizations may also be scheduled online through the MyICHealthCenter web portal.
Hammond Health Center Hours of Service
- Monday – Thursday from 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Friday from 8:00a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Closed on Sundays.
Phone (607) 274-3177.
Fax: (607) 274-1844
Monday through Thursday
8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Same Day appointments
(available for urgent needs, please call ahead, filled on a first call basis)
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Regularly Scheduled Provider appointments
(routine care, medication refills, non urgent testing, etc - please call to make appointments)
6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Nurse service only
(PPD, Immunizations, Ear irrigations, UTI)
Medication pick up available 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Hammond Health Center is closed from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m two Thursdays a month, with no services available.
8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Same Day appointments
available for urgent needs, please call ahead
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Regularly Scheduled Provider appointments
please call to make appointments
4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Nurse service only
Medication pick up available from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Same Day appointments
only for urgent needs, please call ahead
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Nurse service only
4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Nurse Service only
Medication pick up available from 10:00 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your appointment and use our convenient Check-In Kiosk.
If you cannot keep an appointment or no longer need the appointment, please notify us as soon as possible so we may schedule another patient for that time.
- Ambulatory care.
- Laboratory testing through our licensed and accredited laboratory.
- On-site X-rays.
- Transportation to and from off campus appointments.
- A selection of prescription medications on site.
- For prescriptions not available on site we offer Wegmans Pharmacy delivery.
- Health Center clinicians work with psychologists and social workers in the Ithaca College Office of Counseling and Wellness, housed in the same building, to care for students in crisis and those requiring medication to supplement their counseling.
- Outreach initiatives are conducted to keep the health center in tune with the rest of our campus community.
- Six Board Certified Physicians
- One Physicians Assistant
- One Nurse Practitioner
- Registered Nurses
- Lab and X-ray Techs
- Professional Administrative, Clerical, and Clinical Support Support Staff
~~Zika Virus Alert (Feb 2, 2016)– The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued travel notices for people traveling to regions where Zika virus is prevalent – primarily in Central and South America and the Carribean. All Ithaca College travelers are advised to keep themselves informed about Zika virus and follow all recommended precautions.
Information on Zika virus can be found at: http://www.cdc.gov/zika/index.html
Please feel free to contact the Hammond Health Center at 607-274-3177 if you have questions about Zika virus.