Account Information

ID Express is available to the entire Ithaca College community -- students, faculty, and staff.

To open an ID Express account, you can charge your credit card, by logging onto If you are an IC community member, register as a user by simply following the procedures. If you are a family member, follow the family member link to make a deposit to your students account. If you would prefer to send your deposit by mail, fill out the application and submit it with your check or money order (made payable to Ithaca College) to the Student Financial Services Office (Faculty and Staff should submit the application to the cashiering office). The Student Financial Services office also accepts cash. It costs nothing to open an ID Express account, but you must open it with a minimum balance of $20. Once your account is open, no minimum balance is required.

To add money to your account, you can log onto to charge your credit card or make deposits at the Student Financial Services office by check or cash (Faculty and Staff at the cashiering office). Deposits made by check will not be available for withdrawal for 24 hours.

The ID card and any funds in an ID Express account are the responsibility of the individual cardholder until the ID Office or the Office of Campus Safety is notified that the card is lost or stolen. You can also report your card lost by logging onto Note: you will have to report to the ID Office in person to have your card reactivated for verification purposes.

Your ID Express account will automatically be closed after one year if you leave the College through an official process such as withdrawal, graduation, or resignation. In that event, you may receive any unused balance in your account by making a written request to the Student Financial Services Office (Faculty and Staff at Financial Services department, located on the 14th floor of the West Tower). If no request is made after one year, any balance remaining in the account over $10 will be automatically refunded, while any balance under $10 will revert to the College.

If you have an outstanding financial obligation to the College, funds in your ID Express account will be applied to what you owe before any amount is refunded to you.

If you are a continuing student, any balance in your ID Express account must be carried over to the following academic year for use at that time.