Do you want to make a difference at Ithaca College? How about develop valuable skills in communication, objectivity and decision making? Advocate for fellow IC students and promote integrity among our community standards!
Student Justice Job Description
Student Justice positions are one-year appointments. Justices who are selected to the Conduct Review Board will take turns sitting on hearing boards with faculty and staff justices. These hearing boards review cases of alleged violations of the Student Conduct Code and Residential Life Rules and Regulations, make decisions of responsibility or innocence and set sanctions which range from verbal warning to permanent expulsion from the College.
- Student Justices should be in good academic standing with the College at the time the appointment would take effect.
- Student Justices should be in good judicial standing with the Office of Judicial Affairs.
- Some of the personal qualities expected for a Student Justice include:
- Positive role model for the Ithaca College community
- Strong interpersonal skills (listening skills, communication skills, assertiveness, etc.)
- Ability to evaluate the facts of a case and come to an objective decision
- Ability to function well in a group
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the position
- Ability to be open-minded and non-judgmental
Justices typically serve on 1-2 hearing boards per semester. There will be a training session to prepare justices for hearing boards.
If interested please complete the application and submit to the Office of Judicial Affairs, 2102 West Tower Lobby.
If you have any questions please contact the office at 607-274-3375 or firstname.lastname@example.org