Student organization treasurer responsibilities may vary from organization to organization, however all treasurers of OSEMA recognized student organizations are expected to
- approve all financial transactions
- maintain records by tracking every income and expense financial transaction.
- monthly reconcile student organization records against OSEMA provided account statements
- adhere to fiscal policies and procedures
The Student Organization Treasurer Guide is a resource available to assist treasurers with
- account information
- keeping financial records
- how to read account statements
- understanding different type of funds
- ways to access student organization funds: credit cards, checks to pay contracts, making donations
- how to deposit money receive through fundraising and sales
- ways to receive and deposit gifts
Recognized student organizations may not hold accounts with external financial institutions. All accounts must be maintained by OSEMA. Any questions regarding this policy should be directed to the Student Organizations Business Coordinator.