Housing Accommodations

As a residential college committed to students’ on-campus experience, multiple accommodation processes exist to ensure there is housing on campus that meets students’ needs. Students requiring accommodations should complete one of the processes below as early as possible. Housing options may vary based on time of year and could be limited due to space availability.

Religious Accommodation Requests

The Office of Residential Life works closely with the Office of Religious and Spiritual Life in meeting students’ needs within on-campus housing. Students may request a religious accommodation in housing around their religious practice or belief. If you have a housing need, you may review the full process and complete a request form with the Office of Religious and Spiritual Life.

Special Housing Accommodation Requests

Our office also has a close partnership with Student Accessibility Services for special housing accommodations due to a diagnosed disability. Please complete and submit a Special Housing Accommodation Request form as soon as is possible. Your request will need to be accompanied by appropriate supporting documentation (e.g., medical records).

Your request will be reviewed by the Office of Student Accessibility Services and if a housing accommodation is approved, the Office of Residential Life will be notified. The goal of this review is to provide an on-campus housing accommodation that best meets your need.

Transgender and Non-binary Housing Requests

Students who identify as transgender or outside of the gender binary may request an accommodation two ways. You may simply call our office at 607-274-3141 or submit the Transgender and Non-binary Housing Request form. The request form is voluntary and we will work with you to meet your housing needs, regardless of whether you decide you fill out the online form.