Accessible Parking Options
Any student, staff, faculty member and frequent visitors with temporary or permanent parking accessibly needs who has received a state-issued accessible hang tag is required to obtain an Ithaca College accessibility registration sticker to affix to their driver’s side rear window. Ithaca College Parking Services does not issue accessible stickers to those who do not have a state-issued accessible hang tags. An Ithaca College parking permit is required in addition to a registered state issued accessible hang tag.
Customers with accessible parking needs must apply to receive an Ithaca College validation sticker. To apply, an applicant must bring the following items to Parking Services:
• State-issued accessible parking hang tag (copies will not be accepted)
• Driver License
• In NYS the last 3 digits of the issuent’s driver’s license must match the numbers on the NYS Accessible hang tag number.
• If a hang tag is issued from a state other than New York a registrant must bring documentation in some kind of registration document from the issuing municipality or department of motor vehicles that proves the hang tag was issued to them.
If a space designated for handicap parking cannot be located, permit holders can park in any space (which is not reserved for other purposes) in either a blue or red designated lot nearest their destination.
It is recommended that members of the campus community and visitors obtain accessible hang tags from their hometown or state.
Alternatively, students needing accessible parking accommodations because of a disability can obtain a handicap parking permit from the Ithaca area municipality for which they live.
- Students living on campus can apply at the Town of Ithaca Clerk at 215 N. Tioga Street, Ithaca.
- Students residing off campus in other municipalities should consult the internet or other resources to find the contact information for the clerk's office for their township.