Parking Services


What is the speed limit on campus?
The speed limit on campus roads is 25 mph. The speed limit in parking lots is 10 mph.

What will I need to get a parking permit?
Go online to to register your vehicle and receive a parking permit.

Do I need a permit if I have a vehicle for only a day or two?

Students who have need for a vehicle on a short-term basis can obtain a Temporary Student permit. Temporary permits for up to 2 days can be obtained at no charge. There is a $20.00 per week charge for longer term needs. Graduate Student Temporary Permits are free.  Temporary permits are limited to 3 weeks per academic semester. Temporary Student Permits are valid only in student lots specified on the permit. Temporary Student Permits for first year students will be restricted to Green lots.

Temporary permits can be obtained by going to Parking Services at the Office of Public Safety and Emergency Management on Farm Pond Road.

Do I need a permit to park on campus nights and weekends?
Yes, permits are required 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Where can I park my motorcycle?
Upper-class students park in Red lots. First year students park in Green lots. Faculty and staff park in Blue lots. Motorcycles must be registered with the Parking Services office.

My vehicle is being repaired and I have to bring another vehicle to campus. What do I do?
You can get a temporary permit at the Parking Services office. Bring your College ID and the registration for the vehicle you will be parking on campus.

If I bring a new vehicle to campus, can I transfer my student permit to the new vehicle?
No, student permits are not transferable. Bring your permit to the Parking Services office and exchange it for a permit for your new vehicle.

I forgot my hangtag permit, or I forgot to hang it on my mirror. What do I do?
Call the Parking Services office (607-274-3756) to be put on the permission list for that day.

My permit was lost or stolen. How do I get a replacement permit?
Go to the Parking Services office and fill out a lost or stolen report. There is a $10.00 replacement fee for students and no fee for faculty and staff.

Can I get a permit refund if I need to turn in my permit before the end of the academic year?
Refunds are available on full year permits for students who choose not to bring their vehicle to campus for the spring semester.  A refund of 50% of the purchase price is will be processed if you return your permit to Parking Services no later than the Friday of the first full week of the spring semester.

If a friend comes to visit me in my residence hall, does he or she need a parking permit?
Yes, visitors may obtain a visitor parking permit at the Office of Public Safety and Emergency Management. The office is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Are parking regulations in effect during breaks and holidays?
Yes, parking regulations are in effect 24 hours every day of the year including semester breaks and the summer.

What should I do if I need to load or unload items near a building?
Call the Office of Public Safety and Emergency Management (607-274-3333). Tell them where you need to load or unload and give them your vehicle's license plate number. Be aware that loading time is limited to 15 minutes.

If my vehicle is parked far away from my residence hall at night, are there personal safety measures I can use?
Our parking lots are well lit and patrolled frequently. Emergency phones located around campus are marked by a blue light. When you press the button, it connects directly to the Office of Public Safety and Emergency Management. Security officers, and patrol officers are available to accompany any member of the campus community to and from any campus location. You can also call 607-274-3333 from any regular campus telephone or cell phone.

How do I pay a ticket?
You can pay your ticket online at

How do I appeal a ticket?
You can file an appeal online at

What do I do if my vehicle won't start?
Call the Office of Public Safety and Emergency Management (4-3333 or 607-274-3333) and an officer will be sent to jump-start your vehicle.

What is the snow removal policy?
When necessary, snow will be removed from parking lots on campus.  In order to facilitate plowing, vehicles will need to be moved to another parking lot.  The campus community will be notified when it is necessary to make special snow removal parking arrangements.  Notification may include communication through residence hall staff, flyers on vehicles, emails and Intercom notification.