Student Affairs and Campus Life is pleased to provide supplemental funding to support the professional development of our staff when they have been accepted to present at a state or national conference or to support regional or national leadership roles in professional organizations.
We are pleased to be partnering with Human Resources on this initiative. Funding from Human Resources (up to $500) can be used to cover or partially cover registration costs to professional conferences and meetings.
The employee's department should be willing to cover a significant portion of total registration, travel and incidental costs.
Funding from the Student Affairs and Campus Life Staff Development Fund can be used to supplement departmental funds to partially cover travel and incidental costs.
Application Process and Eligibility
Eligible staff are:
- Full-time, on-going employees
- Benefits eligible
- Past their probational period
Applications must be submitted 60 days prior to participation in the event if at all possible.
Registration and other costs should be organized as frugally as possible (using early-bird registration, etc.) and must follow all application IC travel regulations.
Information needed to complete the application includes:
- Total itemized costs of the professional development opportunity.
- Amount contributed by the staff member's department.
- Total amount requested from the Student Affairs and Campus Life Professional Development Fund.
- Total amount requested from the Human Resources Staff Development Fund.
- Name, dates, and location of conference
- Title and short description of presentation including names, titles and institutions of co-presenters if any or if participating in national or state leadership details about required travel including dates and purpose of travel.
- A short description of how this opportunity contributes to your development and aligns with our institutional and divisional mission and vision.
Staff interested in being considered should submit the application available on the Human Resources website. Please note in the section titled: "Detailed Description of Request" that you are also applying for the Student Affairs and Campus Life Professional Development Grant and HR will share your application with our office.
Awards are limited to $500 per staff member per year.
Only 5 awards are available for the 2018-19 academic year.
Staff granted the Professional Development funds will be asked to share their experiences with divisional staff either through a brown-bag session or some other presentation opportunity.