From the Fitness Center, to indoor and outdoor pools, to personal training, to equipment rental, to organized classes and club sports teams, Recreational Sports has all you need to start and/or maintain a healthy lifestyle.
The Athletics and Events Center gives Ithaca College’s student athletes state-of-the-art facilities in which to train and compete and offers the campus a place to gather for College and community events. The facility includes the following:
- A 130,000-square-foot field house, which holds the track and field arena that doubles as a practice facility for lacrosse, field hockey, soccer, baseball, tennis, softball, and football. The arena, with its capacity for 6,700 people, is also the site of campus and community events.
- An 82,000-square-foot outdoor stadium with lighted turf field. The multi-sport synthetic playing surface is illuminated to allow for evening use.
- A 47,000-square-foot aquatics pavilion, which includes an eight-lane Olympic-size pool with a diving area and movable bulkheads.
- Six outdoor tennis courts with lighting for evening practice and competition.
The Office of Counseling and Wellness offers professional relationships and support services that empower diverse individuals and groups to achieve mental health, wellness and educational goals. Counseling, Health and Wellness is the administrative home to 4 centers for student services:
- The Center for Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS),
- The Center for Health Promotion (CHP),
- The Hammond Health Center.
CAPS staff provide professional mental health services for college students. Health Promotion and LGBT professional staff provide educational services based on research and current trends in the field.
The Health Center provides primary health care services to all matriculated students of Ithaca College by appointment for most student illnesses and injuries. The Hammond Health Center works closely with Cayuga Medical Center and with local and regional specialists in virtually every discipline to provide referrals whenever off-campus care is necessary. In addition to ambulatory care, we offer laboratory testing through our licensed and accredited laboratory, on-site X-rays, and selected prescription medications. The Health Center is open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am until 8:00 pm, on Friday from 8:00 am until 6:00 pm and on Saturday from 11:00 am until 4:00 pm, whenever classes are in session.
Ithaca Student Health 101 is a free, e-magazine covering a variety of college wellness topics including stress, sleep, nutrition and fitness, alcohol use, sex, and more! The articles and videos contained in Ithaca Student Health 101 change every month. Check out the "Campus Correspondent" page to see video clips of IC students sharing their views and advice on how to stay healthy in college. Learn about your health-related campus resources, programs, and services!