James J. Whalen Academic Symposium
21st Annual James J. Whalen Academic Symposium
April 12, 2018
The 21st Annual James J. Whalen Academic Symposium is a celebration of student research, scholarship, and creativity featuring oral presentations, poster presentations, and creative works by students from all academic disciplines (graduate and undergraduate.)
Interested in Participating?
Students and Faculty:
Submit the Online Submission Form
Online submission deadline is March 5, 2018
- Once the form(s) is/are submitted, an e-mail confirming the submission will be sent to the presenters and the faculty sponsor.
- Develop your presentation skills.
- Include your presentation on your resume and graduate application.
- Showcase your research from this or a previous semester.
- Win a gift certificate to the Ithaca College Bookstore if yours is an award-winning presentation.
Submissions will be accepted for presentations, posters, and creative works. Please note that creative works include:
Live Performance (Dance, Theatre, Music, Etc.):
Original Monologue Or Scene Performances
Analysis And Performance Of A Scene Or Monologue
Solo Dance Performances
Original Dance Ensemble Performance
Works Of Visual And Media Art:
Costume And Set Design
Student Accessibility for the Whalen Symposium - pre-events and day of
- The Whalen Symposium Steering Committee encourages students who have qualifying disabilities to contact Rumit Singh Kakar or Kimberly Wilkinson, Co-Chairs of the Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week in advance of any Information Session or other pre-Whalen event to ensure timely arrangements can be made for any necessary accommodations.
- For accommodations at the Symposium itself, please make contact at least two weeks in advance to ensure necessary accommodations can be made.
Have more questions? Go to our FAQs page for additional information.