Student Accessibility Services offers a variety of adaptive technology solutions for students including, but not limited to:
Sonocent Audio Notetaker
Starting Fall 2019, SAS is offering a new notetaking support service. Sonocent Audio Notetaker is a tool that allows you to record lectures and add notes, images, and highlighting using your computer and mobile devices. Any student with notetaking as an accommodation with SAS can request a license for Sonocent Audio Notetaker. Access to Sonocent is granted on a semester-by-semester basis. To learn more about Sonocent, visit their Sonocent Sprint Start page. If you have notetaking as an accommodation and would like to request a license, send an email to email@example.com.
- SAS has several Livescribe pens available for 1-month loans. A Livescribe pen allows students to record a lecture while handwriting class notes. The notes are then electronically transferred to the student’s computer for later review. For more information about borrowing Livescribe pens through SAS, you can watch our Livescribe video tutorial.
- SAS assists with the creation of both closed-captioned and audio described media.
Assistive Listening Devices
- FM systems are available in many spaces around campus and SAS can provide personal FM systems when required.
Strategies and technology to assist students who have difficulty using screens
- There are computer applications, light filtration options, and supportive assistive technology that can help ease discomfort when using computers and other devices with screens.
Recommendations for Text-to-Speech (TTS) and Speech-to-Text (STT) applications
- Text-to-speech applications are a type of assistive technology that will read digital text out loud. Speech-to-text applications, on the other hand, will convert the spoken word to text. There are a variety of options for both TTS and STT.
Software, apps, and strategies for organization and time management
- SAS can recommend a number of apps and software applications for computers and mobile devices.
If you would like additional information, please contact Valerie Ober at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 607-274-1005.