Applicants require the following to complete their application:
- The online application through our CampMinder system
- Unofficial high school transcript or grade report showing two semesters of high-school level study
- Short essay. Here's the prompt you'll see in your application:
We want to know more about you and your interest in STEM. In a short essay of three to five paragraphs, explain why you want to attend the precollege STEM Institute at IC. If you've have a special STEM interest, or an interest in one of our faculty research projects, tell us about it. Are you interested in a STEM-related career? Tell us that too.
Required documents can be returning in one of the following ways:
- Uploaded to your Campminder account
- Faxed to 866-924-6272
- Mailed to Precollege STEM Institute, Ithaca College, Office of Extended Studies, 953 Danby Road, Ithaca, NY, 14850
- Emailed as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. (We cannot accept shared Google docs.)
Early application is recommended. Admission decisions are made as applications are received. Lab or field research placements will begin as early as April 15. Students will be notified of their application status on average two weeks after submission of their completed application, and all accompanying documents.
Application deadline: May 15th.