Ithaca Leadership Scholarship
Are you a strong student who loves being a leader? Do you plan to make leadership a major part of your college experience?
If so, we invite you to apply for the Ithaca Leadership Scholarship.
Up to 60 incoming freshman and transfer students are selected to receive this competitive, renewable $7,000 scholarship and to participate in our comprehensive program promoting personal and professional growth throughout all four years at Ithaca.
As a leadership scholar, you’ll have diverse opportunities to explore your leadership potential, collaborate with other student leaders, and mentor and lead your peers in
- campus leadership activities such as Leadership Weekend, the Cross-Cultural Leadership Retreat, the Women in Leadership Experience, and the Student Leadership Institute;
- on-campus jobs that provide training and potential for advancement into managerial positions;
- governance organizations such as the Student Government Association and the Residence Hall Association;
- peer-to-peer mentoring roles such as peer career adviser, resident assistant, student leadership consultant, or Jumpstart program team leader;
- and over 200 registered student organizations that provide direct links to academic interests; artistic pursuits; recreational, competitive, and intramural sports; community and volunteer services; social issue and peer education programs; cultural awareness; and career development.
You’ll also be challenged to put your skills, knowledge, and leadership philosophy into action. As you pursue your personal passions -- on campus and off -- you’ll collaborate with your peers on projects that will have a positive impact on the community.
Leadership Scholar Profile
To be considered for this scholarship, you must
- be an incoming freshman or transfer student beginning in the fall semester
- rank in the top 30 percent of your high school class (minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA for transfer students) or have a combined (critical reading and math) SAT score of 1100 or better
- and have a demonstrated record of leadership and community involvement.
For more information contact
Office of Admission
953 Danby Road
Ithaca, NY 14850-7000
(607) 274-3124 or (800) 429-4274