The Chi Xi chapter of Beta Beta Beta (TriBeta) was installed at Ithaca College in 1992 and has more than 200,000 past and present members. Founded in 1922 at Oklahoma City University, TriBeta has evolved to become a nationally recognized professional honor society whose purposes are to promote scholarship in the biological sciences, growth in biological knowledge and to encourage research.
- Rituals and complete details are available on the BBB's Constitution web page.
Regular membership: 3.0 cumulative GPA and at least 3 semesters of Biology, with a least a B average in Biology classes. Fee is $45 for a lifetime membership.
Associate membership: open to anyone. Fee is $35. If you are currently an Associate, but have now met the requirements for Regular membership, an additional $10 will get you promoted to a Regular membership
Benefits of Being a Tri-Beta Member:
- Excellent honor to list on your resume/CV and applications.
- Receive a subscription to BIOS (a journal where members can publish their undergraduate work)
- Receive a cord to wear at graduation
- Can apply for research scholarships
- Can apply for awards based on research Be part of a national organization with students also interested in biology
- Attend a member installation banquet
- And of course, you can become a Tri-Beta officer!
The Biology Club is actively involved. Become involved with them!
SPRING 2014 DEADLINES:
- March 17th- 21st - Tri-beta Open applications
- March 28th - Dues payments are to be in to Nancy Pierce/Dave Gondek
- April 24th, 5:30pm, Emerson Suite - the Honors ceremony will follow the Senior thesis talks. Please put it on your calendar to attend!