Undergraduate Research at IC: Learn by Doing
The chemistry department is committed to mentoring our students on the art of research and providing them with opportunities to carry out research projects in every field of chemistry; including biochemistry, organic chemistry, theoretical chemistry, inorganic chemistry, environmental chemistry and materials science. Through this experience, you'll learn how to do science and have access to all the modern instrumentation to make your own meaningful contribution to our science.
An Undergraduate Oriented College
There is a lot of opportunity for research here at Ithaca College. And most importantly, since our focus is solely on undergraduate students, you'll have the chance to be centrally involved in our research activity from the very beginning. Check out faculty pages for specifics on our research programs!
See one of our recent graduates, Jason Diaz (Biochemistry, '09) talk about his experience at IC; also here is Erin Grosstephan (Chemistry, '05) 30 sec take on organic synthesis research and Matt Sprague (Chemistry, '05) 30 sec take on computational research in IC Chemistry.
Click on the links below to see each faculty area of interest in more detail.
- Vincent DeTuri, Physical and Analytical Chemistry
- Janet Hunting, Solid State Chemistry
- Akiko Fillinger, Analytical Chemistry
- Michael Haaf, Organic Chemistry
- Heinz Koch, Physical-Organic Chemistry
- Anna Larsen, Inorganic and Organometallic Chemistry
- Keri Lee, Organic and Polymer Chemistry
- Scott Ulrich, Biochemistry and Organic Chemistry
Be sure to check out the ACS Summer Research Award for students who want to research here over the summer!