IC- South Hill School Partnership
Since 1998, Ithaca College has been involved in a special relationship with our neighboring elementary school, South Hill School. Over the years, students and faculty from Ithaca College have volunteered hundreds of hours of their time to enrich the curriculum at South Hill School. In return, South Hill has offered our students countless opportunities to work with their teachers and students.
Some of the partnership activities have included:
- an ice cream social at the end of the school year to celebrate the last day of school
- an "instrument petting zoo" where the children get to hold musical instruments and learn about them
- a Latin American dance festival - complete with costumes
- establishing the school garden
- support of a sound system that will enhance IC teacher candidates' knowledge knowledge of technology and South Hill students' special events
- a "science day" project for students and parents
- numerous field trips to the campus to meet and work with IC faculty and students
South Hill Elementary School teachers are invited to apply for South HIll Partnership Mini-Grants to support special projects, field trips, lessons, or units of study. The Mini-Grant application for 2015-2016 will be posted to the website later this summer.