IC- South Hill School Partnership
Since 1998, Ithaca College has been involved in a special relationship with our neighboring elementary school, South Hill School. Over the years, our students and faculty have volunteered hundreds of hours of their time to enrich the curriculum at South Hill School. In return, South Hill has offered our students countless opportunities to work with their teachers and students.
Some of the partnership activities have included:
- an ice cream social at the end of the school year to celebrate the last day of school
- an "instrument petting zoo" where the children get to hold musical instruments and learn about them
- a Latin American dance festival - complete with costumes
- establishing the school garden
- a yearly storytelling project that includes all fourth grade classes
- a "science day" project for students and parents
- numerous field trips to the campus to meet and work with IC faculty and students
- a personal meeting with President Peggy Williams, who demonstrated her yo-yo skills and showed the students around her office.
South Hill Elementary School teachers are invited to apply for South HIll Partnership Mini-Grants to support special projects, field trips, lessons, or units of study.