IC- South Hill School Partnership
Since 1998, Ithaca College has been involved in a special relationship with our neighboring elementary school, South Hill School. Over the years, students and faculty from Ithaca College have volunteered hundreds of hours of their time to enrich the curriculum at South Hill School. In return, South Hill has offered Ithaca College students and faculty countless opportunities to work with their teachers and students.
Some of the partnership activities have included:
- an "instrument petting zoo" where the children get to hold musical instruments and learn about them
- a Latin American dance festival - complete with costumes
- establishing the school garden
- support of a sound system that will enhance IC teacher candidates' knowledge knowledge of technology and South Hill students' special events
- a "science day" project for students and parents
- "farm to table" curriculum development
- piloting of new reading curriculum materials for the primary grades
- math curriculum materials that encourage children to use their whole bodies with math mats
- numerous field trips to the campus to meet and work with IC faculty and students
- faculty, student, and staff celebrations of the last day of school.