- Step 1: Apply to Ithaca College via the Common Application (a $60 fee applies)
- Step 2: Apply to the Department of Theatre Arts by uploading audition materials to Acceptd.
- Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid.
- Step 4: After an invitation from the department is extended, arrange for an audition.
- Step 5: Audition
The Early Decision Deadline was November 1st.
The Regular Admissions Deadline was December 1st. We are no longer accepting applications for the Fall 2016 class.
You will not receive any further notification regarding your prescreening until your applications (Common Ap and Acceptd) are complete.
All candidates will be asked to upload the following to Acceptd using PDF format:
- A brief résumé, including theatrical activities in high school, during summers, honors and awards received, leadership activities or offices held, and other significant non-theatrical activities.
- A current headshot or recent photo.
- Two memorized contrasting monologues, each of which is no more than one minute in length. Please upload a separate video for each monologue.
- Two contrasting songs, one 16-bar ballad and one 32-bar up tempo. Live piano accompaniment is preferred, but you may sing with pre-recorded piano accompaniment. Do not sing a cappella.
- One or two contrasting dance pieces. You may choose to submit any dance style with which you feel most comfortable: ballet, jazz, musical theatre, tap, etc. The total length of your dance submission(s) must not exceed two minutes. Applicants may choose to submit a few basic ballet barre exercises as one of their pieces. This might include simple battement tendus, pliés, rond de jambes, développés, etc. We suggest videorecording barre work from the side so that technique and line might be best determined. Please wear appropriate dance clothing that shows your line for all dance pieces. Submissions should show the full body for the entire recording. Simple is better for your dance recordings. We are trying to ascertain musicality, movement habits, alignment, technique and potential.
Note: Monologues must be memorized and rehearsed. The character should be within your age range. Your goal should not be to show us how far you can stretch. We are looking for your ability to play the actions inherent in the text and to reveal the inner life of the character as it intersects with your own experience, imagination and understanding.
For Your Audition
If an invitation for a live audition is extended, it is expected that you will present the same monologues and songs chosen and uploaded to Acceptd for the pre-screen application. The dance sample will not be reviewed at the live audition, but will stand as your dance audition. Please bring one copy of your headshot and résumé to the audition.
Ithaca College, 953 Danby Road, Dillingham Center Lobby
- Saturday, Dec 12 (Early Decision)
- Saturday, Jan 30
- Saturday, Feb 6
- Saturday, Feb 20
New York City
NOLA Studios, 250 West 54th Street, 11th FLoor, Studio A
- Friday, Jan 22
- Saturday, Jan 23
- Sunday, Jan 24
Palmer House Hilton, 17 East Monroe Street, 7th Floor, Burnham 1
- Monday, Feb 8
- Tuesday, Feb 9
- Wednesday, Feb 10
Westin LAX, 5400 West Century Blvd, Room TBA
If you are invited to audition for us but are not able to travel to one of our audition sites, you may request that we use your prescreen application as your audition. Please be sure to sign up for the "Video Audition" session.