- Step 1: Apply to Ithaca College via the Common Application (a $60 fee applies)
- Step 2: Apply to the Department of Theatre Arts by uploading audition materials to Acceptd.
- Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid.
- Step 4: After an invitation from the department is extended, arrange for an audition.
- Step 5: Audition
For both Ithaca College (Common Application) & Theatre Arts (Acceptd)
- Early Decision: November 1st
- Regular Admissions: December 1st
All candidates will be asked to upload the following to Get Accept'd using PDF format:
- A brief résumé, including theatrical activities in high school, during summers, honors and awards received, leadership activities or offices held, and other significant non-theatrical activities.
- A current headshot or recent photo
- Two memorized contrasting monologues, each of which is no more than one minute in length. For your pre-screen application you will upload a separate video for each monologue.
- Two contrasting songs, one 16-bar ballad and one 32-bar up tempo. Live piano accompaniment is preferred, but you may sing with pre-recorded piano accompaniment. Do not sing a cappella.
- One or two contrasting dance pieces. You may choose to submit any dance style with which you feel most comfortable: ballet, jazz, musical theatre, tap, etc. The total length of your dance submission(s) must not exceed two minutes. Applicants may choose to submit a few basic ballet barre exercises as one of their pieces. This might include simple battement tendus, pliés, rond de jambes, développés, etc. We suggest videorecording barre work from the side so that technique and line might be best determined. Please wear appropriate dance clothing that shows your line for all dance pieces. Submissions should show the full body for the entire recording. Simple is better for your dance recordings. We are trying to ascertain musicality, movement habits, alignment, technique and potential.
Note: Auditioning often involves a certain amount of stress and tension. The best way for you to reduce this stress is to select and prepare your monologues carefully. Monologues must be memorized and rehearsed. The character should be within your age range. Your goal should not be to show us how far you can stretch. We are looking for your ability to play the actions inherent in the text and to reveal the inner life of the character as it intersects with your own experience, imagination and understanding.
For Your Audition
If an invitation for a live audition is extended, it is expected that you will present the same monologues and songs chosen and uploaded to Acceptd for the pre-screen application. The dance sample will not be reviewed at the live audition, but will stand as your dance audition. Please bring one copy of your headshot and résumé to the audition.
- Saturday, Dec 13: Morning ONLY (Early Decision)
- Saturday, Jan 31
- Saturday, Feb 14
- Saturday, Feb 21
New York City
- Friday, Jan 23 - afternoon only
- Saturday, Jan 24
- Sunday, Jan 25 - morning only
- Monday, Feb 2
- Tuesday, Feb 3
- Wednesday, Feb 4