Student Employment Opportunities
The Department of Theatre Arts offers a number of student employment opportunities. Please click on link for a job description.
Please note: We have currently finished accepting applications for the fall semester. Check back in December and January for Spring openings. Thank you!
|Light Shop Assistant|
|The Light Shop Assistant is a student with experience in theatrical lighting who helps maintain the departmentís lighting inventory and spaces.|
The Light Shop Assistant is a student assistant with experience in the area of theatrical lighting who works for the Department of Theatre Arts to help maintain the department’s lighting inventory and spaces. Under faculty and staff supervision, clean and maintain light shop facilities and equipment. Make purchases when necessary. Assist in supervision of production work crews. Work on special projects related to production, as assigned. If over 21, use department van to run errands.
- Successful completion of THPA 11500 Basic Lighting and Sound Technology or THEA 11400 Theatre Tech II: Lighting and Sound .
- A working knowledge of theatrical lighting and prior experience with the specific systems used by the Ithaca College Department of Theatre Arts.
- The ability to lift 50lb.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the Light Shop and associated lighting areas, keeping them clean, maintained, safe and usable for production, class and work.
- Maintain lighting equipment owned by the Ithaca College Department of Theatre Arts.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and expertise as requested for the current show(s).
- Work other tasks on behalf of the Ithaca College Department of Theatre Arts as assigned by the department’s Lighting and Sound Shop Supervisor.
Hours: 4-10 per week
Supervisor: Trevor Maynard (firstname.lastname@example.org)