Student PT Club
Student PT Club, 2014-15 officers and contact information:
- Vice President:
- Sixth Year Class Rep:
- Grad Year II Class Rep:
- Grad Year I APTA Liaison:
- Junior Class Rep:
- Sophomore Class Rep:
- Freshmen Class Rep:
- Sixth Year APTA Liaisons:
- Grad Year I APTA Liaison:
- Senior APTA Liaison:
- Student Core Ambassador:
- Freshman Events Coordinator:
Gina L. White
Fall 2014 Events
The Bomber Blitz will be held Sunday, October 26th (Parents Weekend!). It will be super fun and will take place up in the nature trails behind campus. This is a great activity to do with friends and family during family weekend, especially because there will be food at the event for those who participate!
Spring 2014 Events
- Speakers Series
- Michael Costello presentation
Fall 2013 Events
- The BOMBER BLITZ 5k Run/Walk will be held this year on October 27th at 11am! Registration is $12 and includes a t-shirt and some tasty snacks after the race. There will be prizes for the 1st Male and Female Finisher as well. All money raised at this event will be donated to the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation. For more information, check out their website.
- Bomber Blitz Flyer
- Bomber Blitz Registration form
Academic Year 2012-2013 events
- Speaker Series
Thursday, April 18th, 2013 --- 12:15pm - 1pm in CHS 211
Michael Costello PT, MS, MTC, (DSc) of Cayuga Medical Center will be presenting on lower back pain.
- PT Club Bake-Off
Thursday, April 25th, 2013 --- 7pm in CHS 207
All PT students are welcome to show off their baking skills and create a PT related dessert. Professors will come to judge the creations and winners will be awarded a prize.
- Powderpuff Tournament
Sunday, April 28th, 2013 --- 9:30am check-in, 10am start Lower Allen Field
The Powderpuff Tournament is a fundraiser to raise money for the Franziska Racker Center, a non-profit organization that aims to improve the lives of people and families with special needs. Twelve teams will compete in the competition until one team is crowned the winner. Teams are formed with a minimum of 10 girls and a male coach.
Fall 2012 PT Club Events
- 5K Bomber Blitz Family Fun Run/Walk
Sunday, November 4th, Race starts 11am & registration begin at 10:30am, Softball Field near Terrace Parking Lot
As part of Ithaca College's Family Weekend, this 5K run/walk is a fundraiser to raise money for the Ithaca Healthcare Alliance. The Ithaca Healthcare Alliance is a non-profit organization that provides healthcare services to all members of the community, focusing on the needs of the uninsured. The top male and female runners will receive awards. Light refreshments will be offered after the race.
BOMBER BLITZ FLYER
BOMBER BLITZ REGISTRATION FORM
- National Student Conclave in Arlington,VA
November 2nd - 4th
This national conference is held every year for all members of American Physical Therapist Association. Ithaca College physical therapy students and professors attend the conference to learn, network, explore job opportunities, and discover the newest technology in the physical therapy world.
- Clothing sale
As a fundraiser, the club sells clothing items that include the Ithaca College Physical Therapy logo. All of the proceeds go towards holding other events throughout the semester. All items make great gifts for family, relatives, and friends.
- Physical Therapy Speaker Series
Throughout the year, physical therapist from the community come to Ithaca to give lectures about new, upcoming topics or research that is taking place within the PT world. Topics range from massage techniques to sports medicine to new therapeutic exercises.
- Open Meetings
First Thursday of Every Month, CHS 211
These meetings are typically run by the officers and are held on the first Thursday of every month. They allow all the physical therapy students, along with faculty, to come together to plan events for the club. Students and faculty can get involved by signing up to participate, volunteer or help to plan fundraiser and events. New ideas are always welcome!
Spring 2012 Events:
- Bomber Blitz Event
- Powder Puff Football
- PT Bake off
Fall 2011 Events:
- National Physical Therapy Month Speaker Series
Thursday, November 17th 12:10-1:00pm "Getting Started with Vestibular Rehab, Without Making Your Head Spin"
Wednesday, November 30th 7pm CHS 211 "Student Experiences with the 2011 National Student Conclave and NYPTA Director's Intern Program"
- Coming in December....Helping Hands, Dates TBD.
Spring 2011 Events:
- Thursday April 7th and Friday April 8th—Helping Hands Event, Sunday April 10th—Bomber Blitz Event, Sunday April 17th—Powderpuff Tournament,Saturday May 7th—Grad Student Banquet at Corks & More.
- EVENTS from Spring 2010: Massage-A-Thon, Powderpuff Football, and PT Bake Off
- The Student PT Club worked hard during 2008-09 to raise $3000 for the Georgia State - Marquette Challenge to support rehabilitation related research conducted through the Physical Therapy Foundation.
- PT Club Recent events 2008-09
- The Bomber Blitz
- Special Olympics in Rochester, NY.
A few members from the Junior and Sophomore class, under the direction of fellow classmate, Jill Cadby, volunteered their time for this event, helping the athletes and directors of the program.
- The 15th Annual "Bake-Off" desert night social was held on March 25. Students and PT Department faculty enjoyed many tasty treats!
- PT Semiformal
This event took place March 29, 2008 at Kelly’s Dockside on Rt. 89. It was hosted from 9-12pm. Tickets were first available for PT majors, then later for any guests people may wish to bring. Tickets will range from $5-$10, for not-for-profit event costs only. There was a 200 person capacity, so ticket sales are based on first-come-first-serve policy.
- NYPTA Regional Student Conclave
This event was hosted by Ithaca College, and co-sponsored by Ithaca College, Clarkson University, Broome CC, and the NYPTA. The keynote speaker was APTA President, Scott Ward, with an additional speech from the Labor Relations Consultant, Jack Ahern, MA. There also was four concurrent sessions provided, including; Aquatics (Chris McNamara), Athletic Taping (Nick Quarrier, Mike Buck), Pediatric Obesity (Denise Abrams), and Gait Training Post-Stroke (TBA). Lunch was provided in Emerson Suites during a break. This was great way to learn more about physical therapy and the endless options that are out in the occupational world. It was a motivating experience, and a great way to meet others, peers and colleagues in your profession, to network with.
- Powder-puff Football Tournament.
Come out and support your favorite female HSHP football players, and the male HSHP cheerleaders as well! This fun event took place on the lacrosse and field hockey practice fields. It was a single elimination bracket, and 16 teams, of 12 girls, based on a first-come-first-serve registration process.
- Student PT Club Dessert Night Social
The 2007-08 PT Club Kick-off Event was held for the 14th time on on Thursday, September 6th at 7:00pm in CHS.PT Club student members and PT Department faculty enjoyed tasty treats at the 14th annual "Bake-Off."