Current Ithaca College community members may contribute stories and comments as well as view additional topics by logging in.
As you can see, construction is underway on the Athletic and Events Center (A&E Center). It is exciting to witness the continued growth of our campus and envision the opportunities that it will provide Ithaca College.
In regards to the new construction, there are a number of important pieces of information we would like to share with all of you:
1. Construction at the Athletic and Events Center site generally runs from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday through Saturday, year round until completion. Completion is scheduled for July, 2011.
2. The construction site is fenced off to keep those not affiliated with the construction of the A&E Center out of the work area. Please note that no student or college employees should be crossing these fences. This is for your safety. Students found within the construction site at any time will be subject to judicial action.
3. Parking for A&E Center construction workers has been designated within the construction site. If anyone feels that campus parking is being misused by the A&E Construction workers please contact the Office of Facilities.
4. The Office of Planning, Design, and Construction has set up a web camera for those interested in viewing the A&E construction and an email address for those who have any questions about the construction. The web cam can be found at http://www.ithaca.edu/giving/aecenter/webcam.php. The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. The Offices of Facilities and Residential Life will work together to make sure that any information pertaining to A&E construction that may affect our campus residences or campus as a whole is shared via intercom or residence hall postings in a timely manner.
6. If any residential students, particularly upper or lower quad, Boothroyd, Emerson, or Garden Residents, have any concerns during the construction that they would like to bring to our attention, we ask that you address your email to the following account: email@example.com, care of Zach Newswanger, Assistant Director of Operations, for the Office of Residential Life.
We would like to thank all of you in advance for your patience and understanding as Ithaca works to complete this major construction project.