Contact Gordon Gathany with Staples Advantage at 607.239.6888 or email email@example.com to be set up in the Staples online ordering system database.
(NOTE: “Staples.com” is not to be confused with the College’s online Staples Business Advantage contract ordering system: www.staplesadvantage.com)
Access website - once users are set up, an email notification with personal access information will be sent for accessing and online ordering through staplesadvantage.com. Users will also need a College Purchasing card.
- go to http://www.staplesadvantage.com and Log In with your personal access information
- Customer ID - 1004445RCH
- User ID - user's firstname.lastname@example.org
- Initial Password: STAPLES (this is case sensitive. Users will be required to change this password the first time logging in)
- Log In
- Ship-To Location - select prefilled location from drop-down then OK
Place an order and Checkout:
- Quick Order: If you know the Staples item # and quantity you want, you may type it here to place a fast order. Please try to consolidate orders to at least a $50 minimum if you can.
- Search: for Ithaca College discount pricing (not printed catalog list pricing), enter an item by keyword or Staples item#, click GO
- Shopping Lists: users can select or create a personal shopping list for College approved items
- Enter quantity for items to be ordered and Add to Cart
- Continue Shopping or Checkout to review items and complete the order
- Budget Center - will be prefilled if you only have one account number on file or choose the account number you wish to charge if you have multiple account numbers.
- Ship To Address - type in your delivery location building name (space) then your room number
- Add your College Purchasing Card so you don’t need to retype it each time you order
- When you have completed all required information, click on SUBMIT ORDER to finalize and submit your order to Staples. Remember to print a copy of your order for your records.
Staples Advantage Homepage
Your Shopping Lists - create shopping lists of items regularly ordered so that you don’t have to re-type item numbers each time you order (great for printer and fax toners!). Click on the dropdown menu and select Create New List.
My Orders - users can check the status and view package tracking, make online returns, view products purchased in past four months, or search for orders
- Combine orders so that orders are at least a $50 minimum order
- As part of discounted pricing, desktop delivery is made three days/wk on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- If you have a large volume or a single expensive item to purchase through Staples, please contact Robert Cree to negotiate better pricing on your behalf
- Always Logout of your Staples ordering session when you have completed shopping
Staples for Employees
Ithaca College and Staples Business Advantage are pleased to provide a program that allows College staff and faculty to make personal purchases for home use (not departmental purchases) of office supplies from Staples Business Advantage at Ithaca College contract discount pricing. Items ordered will be paid with the employee’s personal credit card and will be delivered to their home address.
- To register for the Employee Purchase Program go to the Featured Document in the upper right and click on Staples Employee Order Instructions. Users should receive their profile information within a week. Please note **this replaces the original antiquated employee purchase program**
- Users will receive a new Staples Advantage profile for your personal purchases. The ID will be EPPuser's name
- Users personal credit card is required and 8% tax is charged on all personal orders
- Orders will be delivered to your home address
- Customer service support number is 1.877.826.7755
- Ithaca College and Staples Advantage reserves the right to cancel this program at any time