The Dr. John Keshishoglou Center for Global Communications Innovation is an academic hub for the study and dissemination of innovation in both the theory and practical professional application of communications in our global world of technology and media convergence.
Named in honor of the founding dean of Ithaca College's School of Communications, Dr. John Keshishoglou (Dr. Kesh), the purpose of the Center is to nurture and critically examine new media innovation as it impacts:
- traditional media industries,
- creative and artistic expression,
- global collaboration and understanding,
- citizen empowerment and engagement,
- economic sustainability and growth, and
- lifelong learning.
Building on our long and distinguished reputation in communications education, the Center offers powerful, immersive learning opportunities for our own students and alumni, and for communications students, scholars, and professionals worldwide.
The key programmatic elements of the Kesh Center are:
- funding for international research, internships, and creative media development by Park School faculty, staff, and students,
- hosting international scholars and professionals-in-residence,
- offering our yearly mini-course and international collaboration, Media for Social Responsibility,
- our new Executive Master's degree in Communications Innovation.
The Kesh Center and its programming enhance our current undergraduate offerings and reputation, and serve as a platform where scholars and professionals can convene to explore communication from a critical perspective and to advance their educational credentials.