James J. Whalen Academic Symposium
20th Annual James J. Whalen Academic Symposium
April 13, 2017
The James J. Whalen Academic Symposium celebrates the tradition of student and faculty collaboration in research and creative activity at Ithaca College and providesstudents the opportunity to present thesis projects and independent research, or original creative work in the arts, including music, theater, film, and two- and three-dimensional. Attended by students, faculty, and the larger community, the Symposium is a high point in the academic year.
Interested in Participating?
Students: Two Ways to Submit
Submit the Online Student Submission Form OR
Contact your faculty collaborator to have them fill out the Faculty Online Submission Form.
IMPORTANT: Please only submit one form. DO NOT submit both.
Online submission deadline is March 2, 2017
- Faculty may submit multiple students' work.
- Once the form(s) is/are submitted, an e-mail detailing next steps will be sent to you
- Develop your presentation skills.
- Include your presentation on your resume and graduate application.
- Showcase your research from this or a previous semester.
- Win a gift certificate to the Ithaca College Bookstore if yours is an award-winning presentation.
Student Accessibility for the Whalen Symposium - pre-events and day of
- The Whalen Symposium Steering Committee encourages students who have qualifying disabilities to contact Rumit Singh Kakar or Kimberly Wilkinson, Co-Chairs of the Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week in advance of any Information Session or other pre-Whalen event to ensure timely arrangements can be made for any necessary accommodations.
- For accommodations at the Symposium itself, please make contact at least two weeks in advance to ensure necessary accommodations can be made.
Have more questions? Go to our FAQs page for additional information.