Henderson's Chicken Breed Chart
An Alphabetical List of More than 60 Chicken
|Ameraucana | Ancona | Andalusian | Appenzeller | Araucana | Aseel | Australorp | Barnevelder | Brahma | Buckeye | Buttercup | Campine | Catalana | Chantecler | Cochin | Cornish | Crevecoeur | Cubalaya | Delaware | Dominique | Dorking | Favorelles | Fayoumi | Hamburg | Holland | Houdan | Jaerhon | Java | Jersey Giant | La Fleche | Lakenvelder | Lamona | Langshan | Leghorn | Malay | Marans | Minorca | Modern Game | Naked Neck | New Hampshire | Old English Game | Orloff | Orpington | Penedesenca | Phoenix | Plymouth Rock | Polish | Redcap | Rhode Island | Spanish | Sultan | Sumatra | Sussex | Welsumer | Wyandotte | Yokohama|
NEW: A PDF version of the chart is now available for better printing.
[length of file is 28 pages in landscape orientation]
|True Bantams are now on a separate page.|
|See also Chicken Resources & "Why another chicken page?"|
|Tips: Raising Chicks with a Mother Hen & Sexing Chicks|
1) We have had personal experience with only a couple dozen of the breeds and varieties on this list.
2) The birds from our flock, past or present, are those listed with illustrations and "Our Birds" comments.
3) Sage Hen Farm is not a hatchery. The information is provided for educational purposes only.
4) Alas, there is no poster version of this chart.
5) Regularly modified with additions and corrections, this chart has been on the web for more than ten years.
|Henderson's Chicken Breed Chart began as the ICYouSee
Handy Dandy Chicken Chart and
was housed on the Ithaca College server. What had been found at
http://www.ithaca.edu/staff/jhenderson/chooks/chooks.html is now
located at http://www.sagehenfarmlodi.com/chooks/chooks.html.
This page authored and maintained by John R. Henderson (email@example.com), Sage Hen Farm, Lodi, NY.
Last modified on October 26, 2013.
Photograph of egg assortment (before they became chipotle scrambled eggs) by Kelda Brown.
Thanks to Heather Mericle for creating the pdf version of the chart.