NEW PROCEDURE: To enhance the security of user data on the loaner laptops, each borrower will need to sign into the machine as themselves when the machine is picked up.
ITS provides loaner equipment to faculty and staff to help meet technology needs. The Helpdesk provides laptops, conference phones and other equipment. Classroom Technology Support provides equipment needed for instruction in the classroom.
ITS Helpdesk equipment is available on a short and long term basis. Short-term reservations can be reserved for up to 4 hours and are ideal for on-campus classroom or business presentations. Long-term reservations can be reserved for up to 7 days, and are ideal for travel purposes.
For classroom equipment needs:
- Call Classroom Technology Support, 274-1443
- Stop by Classroom Technology Support, Textor 104
To reserve Helpdesk equipment:
- Use the online reservation system
- Call the Helpdesk, 274-1000
- Stop by the Helpdesk, 104 Job Hall
Helpdesk Loaner Equipment Policies
- Equipment may only be reserved by a faculty or staff member
- Loaner equipment must be picked up from and returned to the ITS Helpdesk in 104 Job Hall, between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Equipment may only be picked up by the person whose name the reservation is in unless an authorization form designating an alternate pickup person is presented when the equipment is checked out
When using loaner equipment, remember:
- This equipment is in high demand (especially around breaks) so reservations should be made as far in advance as possible
- Return the equipment at the designated time. Late returns can affect other users and their requests
- Return all equipment pieces - take care to make sure all cables and adapters are returned
- The borrower/department will be held responsible for lost or damaged equipment