Communications Innovation (M.S.)
This 24-month online master’s degree is a selective, executive-style program for communications professionals who have mastered their craft—and now want to design its future.
- The asynchronous program’s 7 to 10 hours of work per week can be completed as it fits within your daily life. You’ll take one course at a time year-round, delving into groundbreaking ideas with practical applications for your world.
- With fewer than 10 high-potential professionals accepted into the program each year, your peers will be among the best in their fields, with diverse backgrounds to expand your perspective. Current students represent Showtime Networks, the MLB Network, Zazzle, Edleman, BET Networks, Paramount, 3D Systems, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Professors, industry leaders, executives, and talented peers will help you think differently and devise stronger, more effective ways to present your ideas. You'll inspire each other and work together as you each develop a capstone research and development project.
- Travel for face-time and on-site learning. You’ll choose five long-weekend destination intensive courses offered in various sites over the program’s two years. Past intensives have included site visits and discussions with representatives from Disney Imagineers, Facebook, BitTorrent, and ABC News, as well as a former European prime minister.
- During the first year in the program, 66 percent of enrolled students rose to their next position.
- Students who complete the program also have credentials to teach at the college level and advance the future of innovation.