Current Ithaca College community members may contribute stories and comments as well as view additional topics by logging in.
Access to Intercom will be unavailable from 4 until 10 a.m. Saturday, December 10. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Reset My Password
Sign up to receive a summary of Intercom headlines via e-mail three times a week.
A selection of recitals, lectures, and other events on campus during the week.
Sunday, April 27
- Junior cello recital by Rebecca Stenborg; 1:00 p.m., Hockett Family Recital Hall, Whalen Center.
- Student recital by the Ithaca College Choir, Madrigal Singers, and Chamber Orchestra, conducted by Lawrence Doebler, performing Bach's "St. John Passion"; 3:00 p.m., Ford Hall, Whalen Center.
- Graduate lecture and cello recital by Caroline Kang; 6:00 p.m., Nabenhauer Recital Room, Whalen Center.
- Graduate percussion recital by Annina Collier; 7:00 p.m., Ford Hall, Whalen Center.
- Junior piano recital by Joseph Pepper; 8:15 p.m., Hockett Family Recital Hall, Whalen Center.
- Senior jazz recital by Shane Bordeau; 9:00 p.m., Ford Hall, Whalen Center.
- Ithaca College Theatre performance of Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest; 2:00 p.m., Hoerner Theatre, Dillingham Center (admission charged).
Monday, April 28
- Student recital featuring vocal and piano duos, coached by Charis Dimaras; 7:00 p.m., Hockett Family Recital Hall, Whalen Center.
- Student recital by the symphonic band, conducted by Henry Neubert, performing music by Alfred Reed, Mark Camphouse, Aaron Copland, Dana Wilson, and James Curnow; 8:15 p.m., Ford Hall, Whalen Center.
Tuesday, April 29
- Chinese dissident poets Bei Dao and Yi Ping will read from their poems and discuss the current political situation in China in this Faculty Development Colloquium Series presentation; 12:10 p.m., Clark Lounge, Egbert Hall.
- Concert by the Intergenerational Choir and Ithaca Children's Choir ensembles; 7:00 p.m., Hockett Family Recital Hall, Whalen Center.
- Student recital by the symphony and chamber orchestras, conducted by Jeffrey Grogan, playing works by Saint-SaŽns, Copland, Brahms, and Daniel Asia; 8:15 p.m., Ford Hall, Whalen Center.
Wednesday, April 30
- Elective sophomore recital by Jared Green; 7:00 p.m., Nabenhauer Recital Room.
- Student recital by the opera workshop, directed by Patrick Hansen; 8:15 p.m., Ford Hall, Whalen Center.
Thursday, May 1
- Junior voice recital by Sean Clark; 7:00 p.m., Hockett Family Recital Hall, Whalen Center.
- Student recital by the percussion ensemble; 8:15 p.m., Ford Hall, Whalen Center.
Friday, May 2
- Concert by the Glimmerglass Opera Young American Singers performing arias and ensembles from Bluebeard, Orlando, Don Giovanni, and The Good Soldier; 7:00 p.m., Hockett Family Recital Hall.
- "Senior Student Exhibition 2003," a display of works by students in the Ithaca College Department of Art and Department of Cinema and Photography; through May 18. The Handwerker Gallery is open Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. (Thursday until 9:00 p.m.); Saturday, 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.; and Sunday, 2:00-6:00 p.m.
Unless noted all events are free and open to the public
Contributed by Keith Davis