Upgrade to Parnassus Financials & Human Resources System Starts Today
Contributed by Nick Farthing
ITS will begin the Oracle software upgrade to Parnassus Financials and Human Resources system and will be unavailable beginning TODAY-Wednesday, July 6th at 4:00pm. The software upgrade is expected to run through the weekend and should be available to the campus on Tuesday, July 12th. Users will be notified when Parnassus is available via email to all Faculty and Staff and will also be posted as a Top Story in Intercom.
Parnassus Upgrade Highlights
- Parnassus Homepage
- Responsibilities now a Menu
- Worklist and Vacation Rules are on right side
- Favorites is at the top with a drop-down menu
- Various Screens
- Magnifying glass instead of flashlight for searches
- Ledger is a new field – IC has only one ledger that is Ithaca College
- Users cannot select EZ Pay to change responsibility through the Navigator screen or Tophat but can use Navigator drop down (next to Favorites)
- Account Inquiry – Funds has subledger for drilling down on account details
- Folders must be set up when first drilling down to Subledger
- Updating credit card transactions
- Credit card numbers will only display last 4 digits
- Users will not be able to edit updated transactions after selecting “Approve” and the overnight process runs
- New field: “Operating Unit” which is only Ithaca College. This will prefill
- Shop/Requisitions/Receiving tabs are on left side
- “Shopping Lists” instead of “categories” for computer technology orders
- “Manage Approvals” instead of “add approver”
- Express Receive icon has a different look
- EZ Pay
- Number of characters that will display on remittance updated to 30 characters for Description & 20 characters for Invoice number
- Approved Requisition creates Commitment
- Approved PO creates Obligation
Payroll and Human Resources
Please note that this means online time cards and pay slips will not be available during the upgrade. You will be able to view your pay slip and enter time on Wednesday July 6th and again when the system is released to campus after the upgrade is completed on Tuesday July 12.
- Managers planning to hire an employee for Monday, July 11 will need to have the Manager Self Service Hire transaction completed and approved by Tuesday, July 5 at 12:00pm to ensure that the new employees will have access to campus systems (like email) when they arrive.
- Manager Self Service transactions that will affect the July 15 payroll need to be completed and approved by Tuesday, July 5 at 12:00pm.
- Changes to Human Resources and Payroll are minimal as it relates to this upgrade, so there will be no training offered by Human Resources.
Financial Services Training
Financial Services has scheduled sessions beginning on June 20th to provide training on specific processes that have significant changes as a result of the upgrade. Overview sessions have also been scheduled to review general changes to Parnassus Financials. Users can view and sign up for any session on the Financial Services website through Parnassus Upgrade or ITS Workshops.
Financial Services Deadlines
In order to prepare for the upgrade, Financial Services has established a timeline related to sales reports, purchase requisitions, credit card applications, travel reimbursements, purchasing and travel cards transactions, manual journal entries, EZPay and Cashiering Services. Please see below for details.
- Friday, July 1st – Monday, July 11th: Sales Reports for July should be held until after the upgrade is completed
- Tuesday July 5th 12:00pm: All purchase requisitions for goods and services (including project and grant accounts) should be entered and approved in Parnassus iProcurement by 12:00pm. After July 5th please contact Karen Cleveland at 4-7341 concerning iProcurement that needs to be processed prior to the upgrade.
- Tuesday July 5th 12:00pm: Credit card application disabled 12:00pm. Questions regarding credit card applications after July 5th can be addressed to:
- Travel Card: Tami Hasting – 41480
- Purchasing Card Ann Martin - 43808
- Tuesday, July 5th 12:00pm: All travel reimbursement forms and Voucher Authorization Requests should be to Travel Services. After July 5th please contact Tami Hastings at 4-1480 concerning these types of transactions that need to be processed prior to the upgrade.
- Tuesday, July 5th Evening: Last file for the purchasing and travel cards will be loaded into Parnassus prior to the upgrade.
- Wednesday, July 6th 4:00pm: Manual Journal Entries-Users with journal entry responsibility will not be able to enter Manual Journal Entries until after the upgrade.
- Wednesday, July 6th 12:00pm: All EZPay entries and other invoices that need to be paid prior to the upgrade should be received in Accounts Payable. After July 6th please contact Ann Martin 4-3808 concerning invoice and EZPay payments that need to be paid prior to the upgrade.
- Thursday, July 7th-Monday, July 11th: Cashiering Services will continue to accept payments. Manual receipts will be issued.