Current Ithaca College community members may contribute stories and comments as well as view additional topics by logging in.
Contributed by Robin Davis on 09/14/2012
While eating in the Dining Hall or an on-campus food location, you’ll need to know how to make the most out of the food available by building your plate the best way you can:
· Make half your plate fruit and vegetables;
· Switch to skim or 1% milk;
· Make at least half your grains whole;
· Vary your protein food choices.
Also, eat the right amount of calories for you:
· Enjoy your food, but eat less. Use a smaller plate or bowl;
· When eating out, choose lower calorie menu options. Choose dishes with vegetables, fruits and whole grains.
Want more tips to healthy eating on campus? Visit http://ithacadiningservices.com/documents/Nutrition%20Icons.pdf for more information!
Don’t forget to come and learn more about "Sustainable Foods on Campus" on Wednesday, September 19th from 12:30-1:30pm in the Peggy R. Williams Center, HR Conference Room GL-52. Stephanie Piech, Sodexo’s first Dining Sustainability Coordinator will inform us of the local, healthy and organic foods available on campus. RSVPs are appreciated to 4-8000 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact Robin Davis at email@example.com or (607) 274-8000. We ask that requests for accommodations be made as soon as possible.
Work/Life: We believe in the integration of work and life outside of work.
Mind, Body, Me Members: This Lunch and Learn is worth 10 points