Take Action & Get Free Stuff: Visit the EQUAL PAY DAY table Tue, April
Contributed by Caryanne Keenan
Equal Pay Day is Tuesday, April 9, 2013. It is observed in April to indicate how far into each year a woman must work to earn as much as a man earned in the previous year.
Tell your friends, tell your family, tell everyone! Bringing awareness to this issue is imperative if we want to close the pay gap. Share the event on facebook!
Get informed and involved!
- To learn more about the gender gap in pay, read AAUW's report here
- Research companies' hiring and pay practices
- Write and call your Congresspeople
- Learn how to negotiate your salary and benefits
- Educate yourself on smart financial management strategies
- Help spread the word
- Keep your eye out for an Equal Pay Day table in the Campus Center on April 9th for some giveaways and other ways to get involved!
**This information is brought to you by OSEMA & Career Services**