Love concerts and music? Apply to be SAB's new Music Chair!
Contributed by Marlowe Padilla
The Student Activities Board is looking for a new Music Chair for the Spring 2014 semester. The following are some of the responsibilities that the Music Chair should be able to uphold:
- Research programs to bring to Ithaca Campus
- Maintain open contact with agents, managers, and entertainment companies
- Negotiate prices and dates
- Review all contracts and riders in preparation of adviser signature
- Fill out CCES template by required deadline to specify event needs
- Coordinate with Programming Coordinator and needs for event (hotel, green room, credit cards, etc)
- Fill out SAB Debriefing Template after own event
- Host all Music events/introduce performers
- Host a minimum of 3 events per semester (one being home-grown: ie. Open Mic Night, Battle of the Airbands, etc)
- Communicate with marketing team on how to advertise event
- Accommodate performers needs (ie. Dinner, water, directions, etc)
- Work with other organizations and departments that may be relevant to event
- Designate portions of the budget to each program
- Turn in a copy of all itemized receipts to Finance Chair
- Program a diverse spread of events
- Remain current in music/entertainment industry in the media to identify up and coming talent as potential performers
If you or someone you know is interested in applying please see the link below. Applications are due no later than 10PM on December 2nd, 2013.
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact Julia Ryan at email@example.com. We ask that requests for accommodations be made as soon as possible.