The Choral Composition Contest
Thirty-fifth Annual Choral Composition Contest
The Robert Campbell ’40, M.S. ’50, Endowed Choral Composition Prize will be awarded to the first place winner in the annual Choral Composition Festival.
Sponsored by Ithaca College School of Music and Mark Foster
Composers & Compositions Chosen for the 2013 Ithaca College Composition Competition Festival:
- Title: “The Alphabet Song” | Composer: Scott Eggert
- Title: “O My Luve’s Like a Red, Red Rose” | Composer: Michael Rickelton
- Title: “Do Not Stand at My Grave” | Composer: Christian J. Oliver
- Title: “I Seek Rest for My Lonely Heart” | Composer: Mark Dal Porto
- Title: “When Roses Cease to Bloom” | Composer: Christopher Enloe
- Title: “Where Healing Waters Flow” | Composer: Matthew Emery
Postmark Deadline: EXTENDED to August 30!
- Mixed choir (SATB)
- Unaccompanied, or keyboard accompaniment
- Three to five minutes' duration
- Unpublished works only
- Rights to text must be cleared, and evidence of copyright holder's permission must be shown
- Secular or sacred, and suitable for public high school
- Open to all composers.
- Prior winners of this contest may enter only after five years
- Ithaca College faculty, staff, and students are not eligible
- First -- $400
- Second -- $300
- Prize money will not be awarded if no composition is deemed worthy.
- Winners will be announced at the November 16, 2013 concert.
- Finalists are required to be present at the performance of their work. Ithaca College will reimburse travel expenses up to a maximum of $250; lodging and food are the responsibility of the finalists
- Six scores will be selected for performance by high school choirs on November 16, 2013 at Ithaca College
- Finalists will be announced at www.ithaca.edu/music/ensembles/choir/choralcompfest by October 4, 2013
- Scores will be reviewed for possible publication by Mark Foster
- At the November 16, 2013 concert, the Ithaca College Choir will premiere a commissioned choral work, composed by Dominick DiOrio
Submission and Return Guidelines
- Entry fee of $25 per score. Make checks payable to Ithaca College
- Include your name, address, phone number(s), and social security number in a sealed envelope
- Names must not appear on the score
- Size of manuscript must not exceed 8 1/2" by 14"
- All scores selected for performance will be reproduced by Ithaca College and all copies destroyed after the concert
- No scores will be returned unless a self-addressed mailer and postage are provided
- Mail entry to:
Janet Galván, Director of Choral Activities
953 Danby Road
Ithaca, NY 14850-7000