Information for Competitors
ITHACA COLLEGE SCHOOL OF MUSIC
35th ANNUAL PIANO COMPETITION
SATURDAY, September 27, 2014
All events are open to the public. You are cordially invited to attend any of the events and are encouraged to applaud the performances of these fine young musicians. Please DO NOT ENTER OR LEAVE while any contestant is performing. Enter and leave only between performances.
Event times will be posted after the competition schedules are finalized
- Please bring your personal schedules with you for reference.
- Contestants should arrive at their rehearsal and performance venues at least ten minutes before the scheduled time. Failure to appear at your scheduled performance time will disqualify you from the competition.
- Adjudicators will write comments for each contestant. Comment sheets will be distributed to all contestants immediately following the Awards Ceremony. If you are unable to stay for the Awards Ceremony your comment sheets will be mailed to you the following week.
- The Awards Ceremony will begin at approximately 3:00 pm in the Hockett Recital Hall. Please check the announcement board for any time change for the awards ceremony. Phiroze Mehta, Professor of Piano and Director of the Competition, will present the awards.
- Complimentary refreshments will be available in the McHenry Lobby in the morning and afternoon.
- A Lunch buffet is available at the Campus Center Dinning Hall (Building 14 on map) from 11 am to 2 pm for an additional fee.
- The Campus Bookstore is open from 10:00 am until 4:00 pm.
- Recordings and photographs during performances are strictly prohibited.